Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There's about a 50/50 chance I'll be moving to the Aberdeen area next month. I've never fished the southern portion of western Washington.

Is there any good fishing (freshwater) within 50 miles of Aberdeen?

· Retired Mod
10,990 Posts
I'm Jealous

You have SOOOOOOOOOOOO much good waters to fish w/in 50 miles of Aberdeen, that you make me sick. LOL. You have the whole Chehalis system (Chehalis, Wynoochee, Satsop, Skookumchuck, etc), Humptulips, then, alot of westside OP (Hoh, Solduc, Queets, etc), then a few to southwest of you (Johns, and a few I could tell, but would have to kill you. LOL).

I'm trying to get a transfer through work to the Elma center of UPS. I'd probably move into Montesano, so I could have some acreage.

You'll be pleased. If you have a boat, you'll be even happier.

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys for good response. I'm pretty psyched now! I have a little 12' aluminum John boat that suits my needs but I'd like to get something a little more river-worthy.

Wish me good luck on getting the job!

· Registered
1 Posts
Sir, I live in the Aberdeen area and there is some outstanding fishing in this area. I hope you like big fish because thats what it's all about in this area. Good steelhead runs and good salmon fishing. All within 50 miles from here. Hope to see ya out on the water, good luck with the job prospect. FISH ON!!!!:thumb

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.