Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted an integrated line for still water where I like to strip all the way back to just about the tippet connection. So I picked up one of these lines in 270gr for my 3wt Reddington Hydrogen trout spey.

Definitely a different beast than tossing a skagit head. The back taper seems relatively long. In little to no wind it really felt great to toss soft hackles with a 10' intermediate poly leader; it had almost an 'elegant' feel and look to it. I think this would do justice to a dry fly presentation as well. I threw on a 5' fast sink poly leader, and tossing a #8 unweighted maribou streamer was very doable, even with a bit of wind.

As an added bonus, this line casts overhead really well.

Overall, I'm really pleased with the way this feels and works on my hydro. I won't be tossing sculpzilla with it, but that's what the skagit heads are for.

·
Senior Moment
5,472 Posts
I have the Airflo Switch Float 270 and 300 (for a 4wt microspey) and also a 360 (for a 5/6 switch). I like the line a lot and find it versatile. All will throw Polyleaders, but the 360 is the best with them. No surprise there. I sometimes use a 12' leader instead of tips. I think it spey casts well and is equally good for overhead. I mix it up when I can. I also have the Streamer Switch for each rod, but find the Switch Float adequate and more fun most of the time. I like that you can strip it in fairly close, roll cast to redirect (and clear the head), and an easy relaxed 2h overhead to good distance. Or, spey when you need or want to.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.