Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a new subscriber and am curious about what other experience fly fishermen like and/or dislike about the quill bodied flys that A.K. Best "Praises" in his book 'A.K.'s Fly Box'. I'm 19 and have been tying for a year now. My uncle's bro gave me the book and after reading it I got the impression that quill bodied flys are the way to go. What do you think about that? From what I've read, they float like corks, are durable as hell, and look way more like the natural than dubbed bodies. whats your point of view?
-Marc

· Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the 2 cents. I have a couple of John Gierach's books. So far I have read 'Sex, Death and Fly Fishing' and was inspired by some of the things Gierach said about A.K. and fly fishing in general. Is there a specific book or article that Gierach wrote about AK? or does Gierach just mix AK into his writings like he did in 'Sex, Death and Fly Fishing'? I also have 'Trout Bum' that I have yet to read.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.