Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
Tried albie fishing for the first time this year. Had a couple grabs on an olive and white surf candy. Seems like any small baitfish pattern that is durable and easy to shoot out with one back cast could work.

· Registered
12 Posts
Yea I got the impression that Albie fishing is more about timing than anything else. I will never forget driving up to my first ever Albie spot. I was running terribly late and it was pitch black outside (I planned on fishing for a few hours at night and then fishing again at first light). My cars headlights shined on the surf in front of me and my eyes saw what I knew were albies busting out of the water. I tried not to panic, but everything was going wrong. Somehow managed to birds nest my stripping basket. After what felt like forever I finally found myself perched on a rock casting a surf candy into the darkness. Two casts later I was on. Unfortunately while fumbling with my headlamp I lost tension for a second and the albie took his opportunity to seek freedom. Absolute adrenaline rush.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts