Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance. 

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Should be fishing
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm terrible at tying blood knots with tiny materials. I was looking for something easier and I came upon the Albright knot. I'm curious if you can use the Albright to attach tippet to leader? Any disadvantages?

·
Missing Member
628 Posts
I use an Albright when attaching the backing to my fly line. This knot would seem too bulky and complicated to use for attaching a tippet. If the blood knot doesn't work you could use a loop to loop connection.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Interesting. I can't twist or loop 99 percent of knots I attempt. Arthritis. And, eyes. But, let me use the Blood for everything. ...

And, poor circulation--ice cube fingers.

Some dead nerves, gone, too...

Crap! I am a wreck! Why do I fish????

·
Should be fishing
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Interesting. I can't twist or loop 99 percent of knots I attempt. Arthritis. And, eyes. But, let me use the Blood for everything. ...

And, poor circulation--ice cube fingers.

Some dead nerves, gone, too...

Crap! I am a wreck! Why do I fish????
I can't do the blood knot because I have developed the shakes due to many closed head injuries. Used to not be like that, so alternatives are good.

·
Tidewater Enthusiast
739 Posts
Double surgeons all the way... saves my ass on numb-hand days or when the fish are rising and you have just foul hooked an alder on the first cast and need to rebuild in a hurry... not sure if a triple is really that much stronger but it seems to break more often at the actual knot sight... anyone have any data on double vs triple at all?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.