Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Retired Mod
11,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been home injured, so have had time to do some things I've wanted. I have a crawlspace that is always open. So, since it's in my fishing corner, I did some upgrades. I moved my rod rack from near door to corner of garage (see pic). Put the rod holders on a pegboard that is mounted to the wall on hinges. I can swing it out when I need to get to crawlspace, and covers the god awful hole in wall. Just need to finish up the rack that holds my fly rod tubes (you can see some leaning right now). Just thought I'd let you look.

·
Slainte
6,656 Posts
Injured? Whadjya do? Show me your scar and I'll show you mine....
Seriously, Isn't it nice to have that space? Kinda like a toy box when you were a kid, huh?
Heal up and get to the water soon.

Roper,

Good things come to those who wade...

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
Looking good bud..gotta admit you got more spinners than fly rods...bad Steelheader }( }( }( :rofl :rofl :rofl

jokin of course....truth is, im jealous that you get your own corner of the garage.. :+

~Patrick ><>

·
Retired Mod
11,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
LOL, never said I was exclusively a flyguy

I cover every spectrum fishing, just so happens that most are in the conventional range. But, you gotta think, the size of gear for fly fishing takes up much less space then conventional. If you look in picture, there's a purpleish box. It's loaded with extra flylines, fly reels, etc. All my fly boxes are upstairs in my fly tying desk.

Well Roper, long story. Had an injury about 4 years ago. They thought they had it all taken care of. Well, they missed diagnosing how bad the injury to my neck/shoulder was. Come to find out I have bulging discs up in my neck and deep tissue damage. Working as a UPS driver, you really take a toll on your shoulders since most of our trucks are not power steering. Then, the stress on shoulder didn't help either. So, finally gave out. So, am home now, can't row. Spey rod is drawing dust. Cataraft is deflated. So, can do minimal stuff around house. Luckily, I don't need surgery, but will be a long road of recovery.

·
Ignored Member
12,110 Posts
LOL, never said I was exclusively a flyguy

Steelheader69,

You are way too organized. Most of my stuff is piled into a corner of my garage. Rods piled up in corner. You can't see much of my pontoon boat because of gear piled up on it. There are various bags of dead animal parts lying around (used for sacrificial flies to steelhead god). My tying table looks like a small nuclear device went off on it. Pieces of birds and small fury animals lying everywhere.

Anyway, keep your spirits up. I compression fractured 3 vertebrae in my back about 13 years ago and was couch/bed ridden for almost a year. Slowly with a lot of hard work and physical therapy I was able to get back on the rivers and fish.

Good luck and work hard to get well.

Kerry

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.