Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Retired Forester...now fishing instead of working
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a fishing trip all planned for this morning. Well, it was a trip to Rocky Ford and I hate fishing the place.

Anyway, got up this morning and the outside temperature was 36. And then I get a e-mail saying "are we going there is ice everywhere?". I stepped outside and almost fell on my butt.

Since I once "went wet wading in the Frying Pan River" with my friend and his car due to black ice. We decided to pass on going to Rocky Ford this morning.

Oh well, it was only Rocky Ford. Last time I went there I never took out my gear and instead just took pictures with my camera. The warden asked to see my license. I told him I didn't fish that day and had no reason to show him my license. God, I must have been grouchy.

·
Registered
4,850 Posts
Yesterday by mid-morning temperatures had warmed into the upper 30s and the sun was coming out. Inspired by Freestone I grab the fly rod and box of flies and head to the river. As I was walking across the bar it was downright pleasant. Temperatures pushing low 40s and a nice warming sun. However within minutes of starting to fish the sky clouded over. A few minutes later a 15 to 20 mph wind cropped up. It was a biting wind which was quickly followed by a steady drizzle. After a couple hours I had difficulty feeling my feet and was chilled to the bone.

Sorry Freestone but I wimped out and went looking for a warm coffee.

On the positive side I did manage to catch a few fish.

curt

·
Still fly fishing in the PCW
5,371 Posts
Vlad, I think it is different when one is still working and the windows of opportunity are fewer and further between.

When I checked the forecast this morning, I threw my warm clothes and fishing gear into the car just in case I could sneak out! But I got stuck at work 'til after 7 pm so no fishing tonight. :(

·
Registered
129 Posts
I was out this morning fishing the mouth of Hood River, Oregon. I lasted about an hour before I called it quits. I couldn't feel my fingers and toes. Things are warming a wee bit but another really cold snap will follow. Last summer was too hot and now this winter is too cold. Bloody hell...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.