Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone been to Amber Lake yet this year. I'm heading that way this coming weekend, and I'm curious if anyone has had and luck. Rain will be OK, I just hope the wind isn't blowin' too hard. I'm taking bhpt's, black and olive wooly buggers, and midges. Any other suggestions? All help, gratefully accepted. This is my first trip out since Jan 1, and I need to fish.
Lotech Joe

· Registered
2,582 Posts
Word is that you need to go deep and slow with wooly buggers.. I heard it is producing fairly well...my buddy talked about 15 fish last weekend?? i didnt get much in the way of details besides what I said so good luck....make sure and let me know how you did??

~Patrick ><>

· Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Patrick,
Thanks for the info. I kind of figured slow wooly buggers in deep water, but I've been wrong before. I'll probably post a reply after the trip. Hope it's a good one, but just fishin' will make it a good one.
Thanks again,
Lotech Joe

· Josh Pearson
187 Posts
I miss Amber so much. I went to EWU and skipped more than my share of classes to head to that lake. Stay in the center trough and stay deep.
Tell the trout that I miss them and hopefully I will see them in a couple of weeks

josh:beer1

· Registered
24 Posts
My son and a friend have been fishing chronomids off shore from the launch and done Ok. He didn't have time to take the pontoon boats. Last year at this time we did well on blood worms also. We found them last year 8 deep and less. The good news is that the fish are healthier this year. The last few years, the game dept found that the fish had parasites that kept them snake like. I did not even like to fish for them in those days. I believe the game dept placed fewer fish in the lake the past two years, which appears to be exactly what the doctor ordered in this case.

Like to warn anyone planning to fish Amber on May 17. The Spokane Flyfishers are planning a one fly contest that day. We will probably kind of overrun the lake, please be alerted. Our goal is not to push others away, but we don't want to create a bad situation for other flyfishers. The contest times will be between 11AM-1PM.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.