Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance. 

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Came across some tracks while hiking back to my car this morning. Any idea what they could be based on my bad phone pictures? For reference, this was at about 3000' elevation in the Nooksack watershed.

Organism Bedrock Terrestrial plant Grass Groundcover
Water Branch Wood Watercourse Grass

·
Registered
461 Posts
Top is some type of canine, hard to tell not knowing size. Bottom to me kind of looks like a boot heel on top of something else. What looks to be a heel pad is a really strange shape. Possibly could be bear. I'm on my phone so can't get a real good look at it.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The top one was fairly small, maybe an inch and a half across. The second one does look like a boot heel in the photo, but didn't give that impression when I saw it. Also, it didn't match my boots, and there were no other boot prints to be seen. Who knows. I did make plenty of noise on the way back to the car though.

·
Custom Title
12,145 Posts
Based on the small size & no indent at the rear of the center pad in the first photo, that rules-out a domestic dog - I'd guess that one to be a small coyote or fox. I have no clue as to the 2nd photo, unless it's an old boot print. Call it a Squatch & you have the makings for a good late-night campfire tale . . . "One time when I was up in the woods, it became deathly quiet. I spied these large footprints, almost human-like in shape. As I studied them, suddenly I heard . . . "

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.