Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Eyes to the sky...
2,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My new year has sucked so far. I have been flat on my back, getting my ass kicked by strep throat since Tuesday. No Nisqually float, no new years get together with friends, nada. So I'm finally turning the corner, and my boy asks me if we can go drop a line in the local lake for a bit. Good call. Off we went. I love my local lake. It is quiet, pretty, and has a nice dock. I haven't caught anything there in forever, though. This time of year, a trip to the lake is casting practice. But this time I wound up catching a nice little 8" cutthroat. On a fly I designed (sorta) and tied! Double sweetness! Happy new year, WFF!
Jason

·
A collector never stops collecting!
4,895 Posts
Nice! That's more than I've caught this year... even if it isn't a steelface!

·
Eyes to the sky...
2,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice! That's more than I've caught this year... even if it isn't a steelface!
I'll take what I can get.:thumb:
Way to go Jason!! You have to love a state where you can catch trout (somewhere) on a fly 12 months a year!!

Steve
And <5min walk from the house.

·
Sorry, I'm not set up for that.
102 Posts
Very Cool, there's a lot of nice fishing in your area, I lived in Lacey for a spell, and could catch everything from trout to salmon to bass within 15 minutes of the house.

·
Eyes to the sky...
2,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Very Cool, there's a lot of nice fishing in your area, I lived in Lacey for a spell, and could catch everything from trout to salmon to bass within 15 minutes of the house.
No joke. It's not the best in the state, but it's pretty damn good.

·
Fly Guy Eat Pie
460 Posts
nice jason. 2010 is starting off slow for me...after getting drenched on down at Doc's...my first outing of 2010 was a major skunk.

-Chris

·
Eyes to the sky...
2,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
nice jason. 2010 is starting off slow for me...after getting drenched on down at Doc's...my first outing of 2010 was a major skunk.

-Chris
You did better than people on the couch.:thumb:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.