Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Okay!! I'm impressed. All the grief you caught before about C&R
has to be bull-ony. You must be livin right. Else the great one
wouldn't be smilin on you so bright. Cheers!

·
My name is Mark Oberg
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nothin fancy. I ran out of material so I ran across to the .99 store and got some colored pipe cleaner. It works well for these.Like it is for src's, red butt for silver's. you can use the dark green for the chum nimps too, works great. Tye on the white feather 1/3 back nothing fancy! but long. Tye on the eye's, two layer's of the official
bright yellow pipe wrap start at the eye. Two rows in front of the eye, three rows behind the feathers. #4 hook, they are easy to tye stream side. now I always bring pipe cleaner, ha ha. Tried it in different variation's would get miss stricks, had more luck this way.

http://arackspace.com/images/fishing/lures/MVC-664S.jpg

·
Registered
2 Posts
Rainbow -

After watching from the shadows for many weeks, I actually joined today just so I could leave you what I hope is a constructive message - at least, that is my intent.

You seem like a good guy, and I am glad you have joined the fly fishing ranks. We need all the well-intentioned people we can find. By the same token, I have to say that as evidenced by the extremely dark fish you are showing and the shallow, shallow river you took her in, I fear you are fishing the fish's spawning area (redd).

A fish that dark is not a trophy in my book, but more of a warning signal you are fishing over stressed, stressed fish. It would be best (for the fish) to give them a break until the water rises.

I had to say it. I do hope you can be patient until the waters rises and the fish are BRIGHT!!!!

Tight lines,

Drift

·
My name is Mark Oberg
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I do understand. When I go fishing I am fishing for src's. Hence my src bee. As you can see it does weed out the chum, that is my intent.
If I found a bug that would weed out all the salmon and only catch trout, I would be rich. I am not targeting the spawning salmon.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.