Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Just an Old Man
35,201 Posts
The thrill is not in the kill---But to let them go.

They make metal fly boxes,I know I used to have a few of them but changed over to plastic. The hooks would rust in them or the metal would corrode when they got dropped into the water. Besides plastic ones float.

Jim:thumb

· Stop Killing Wild Steelhead!
5,781 Posts
Perrine has made fly boxes for many years, decades really. I see
l them around sometimes. Older ones in good condition may be valuable. Thats really a relative thing though. Look up Ebay and check out the fishing related stuff for auction. maybe even find a list of just fly boxes- it will be a big job as they usually list allot of stuff. You might get an idea that way. A man named Alan Liu wrote a good reference book on antique sporting collectibles, might look that up by author name. He's on the www too, has his own fishing website, fly stuff etc.He's a renowned expert on sporting collectibles.

· Registered
945 Posts
Perrine is the poor mans Wheatley. Have some Perrine Aluminum boxes which I use for spey flies. The clips aren't as nice as the wheatley clips though. Something must have happened to Perrine. Bob Marriot's FlyFishing Store carries 23 brands of fly boxes but Perrine isn't on the list. Marriot's usually carries everyone.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.