Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sage
line 7
length 13 6
model 71364
graphite lite
hard aluminum case
brand new not a scratch

I friend of mine wants to sell this to me. He knows nothing of spey rods. This is all the info he sent me, says that it was worth $800 new.

Anyone recognize the description, know anything about this model, or what a reasonable selling price would be?

Appreciate any info.

Thanks

·
Registered
321 Posts
What color is the blank? The old brownie blanks were a nice summer rod with a very traditional taper. Take 6 inches of the top end and its a great rod. That used to be my favorite Deschutes summer run rod, when lined with a windcutter (? 5/6/7), and one of the light midspeys.

I am not that familiar with the greenie only that I didn't like it as much.

Value, I sold my Brownie 6-7 years ago for $250 ish. I wouldn't say it's worth more even if unfished.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Floatinghat is right on the money these rods have improved alto over the last 10 years. So unless your friend is giving it away your dollar will go farther on the open market.

Why do you want a spey rod with all of the that effort you can catch alot more fish on gear...At least that is what a pretentious guide told me once...

Don't encourage him Beas

·
Aint no nookie like chinookie
994 Posts
250.00 to 400.00 will handle 80% of the used spey rod market - Exception on the bottem and top according to original price/model and condition-
sounds like this one is in that 300+ ish range-

·
Registered
114 Posts
Fritz,
All joking aside, I agree with most of the other posts, seems like that price is a little steep. Check out the Echo's particularly the DH models pretty tough to beat their performance for the price. Also dude time to get an avatar. Maybe a nice pic of you with the Professor or Eatonshit!!!

TIght Loops,
Beas

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
I have a 6126-3, Green Blank that I bought about five or six years ago. It was about $700 if I remember correctly. Nice rod, stiifer than a broom stick and I still haven't found the right line for it or maybe it's just me. The one you are talking about is probably worth about $450-$500 now. There are others that are less expensive. It depends on what you want.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hey Steve I don't know every market but I have passed on more than one Sage greenie on Ebay with a reel and matched line for $350...

Who knows what the market will bare until it is up for sale...

Check it out you might see those greenie's do not carry there value as well as you thought it is just another Sage nothing special

Fritz let me know I have a couple of pics of you with Punkin Head

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.