Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For a while now I've been bouncing around the idea of having a fly tying get together at my place. I was thinking of perhaps maybe six people getting together with our vices and BSing and tying some flies and ordering pizza. Perhaps maybe even invite someone to come show us how to tie their fly.

I'd have to do some prodding of the wife and get a banquet table and chairs but I thought I would first see if there is any interest. Maybe do it in conjunction with a swap as well.

So...anyone interested in coming over to my place by the Hood Canal bridge to tie? Anyone want to volunteer to be a guest tier and show us their pattern?

I was thinking around the beginning of April on a Sat or Sun.

·
Make my day
4,820 Posts
That sounds good to me. I am by no means a good tier but I have tickled a few fish with my own flies. Weekends work best for me. I'll bet Mumbles would be up for it.
Jeff

·
Long Lost Member
20,209 Posts
Mumbles would indeed be interested. Fill in the details and I will put it on the calendar. I can even pick up guys at the Kingston Ferry Terminal and shuttle to Big_E's place.

·
1,411 Posts
Big E it sounds like a great idea to me.
Set up the date and time and i'll let the misses know.

Richard

·
Long Lost Member
20,209 Posts
I too have a folding table, no extra chairs but could bring a camp chair. No need for you to spend any money to get this set up. Will this be a teach and tie event where we each come prepared to demonstrate a tie and bring materials for all to tie that fly? That puts a lot of pressure on my delicate ego but I could come up with a pattern that should work. Seems like this is building some momentum my friend.

·
Premium Member
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
As I said if someone wanted to come demonstrate their pattern and we all tie that, that would be great. Barring anyone stepping forward for that I guess it would just be bring what you want to tie. I've asked Leland to demonstrate his popper but he has to work on the weekends. I could show a couple of weaves and I'm sure I could learn from everyone else. The main idea is to get a bunch of tiers together to 1) have a good time and 2) maybe learn a trick or two. Its definately not an event to put anyone under pressure because dammit we're tying married wings this week but just a tie what you want but if you want to know how to do something then someone there might know and can show you.

I was going to call Outdoor Rec and see if they have tables and chairs so cost wouldn't be a factor. We'll see what they have first.

·
FFing and VWs...Bugs & Bugs
793 Posts
I would love to participate. A Sunday would work bestl for me as it is the start of my weekend.(work nights starting at 2100) I have a couple extra vises, bobbins, etc. to share. I have a rather effective little pattern that I can demo. It only uses a couple of materials and is easy to tie.

·
Sorry, I'm not set up for that.
102 Posts
Sounds like fun,count me in if there's room.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.