Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Old to the board
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I realize that I may have crossed a line naming this location, but another part of me says no body fishes there. It's a strange urban place surrounded by an Oil facility. But Pt Wells is one of the bigger points that stick out into the Sound, and a potential for some good fishing.

G

·
I realize that I may have crossed a line naming this location, but another part of me says no body fishes there. It's a strange urban place surrounded by an Oil facility. But Pt Wells is one of the bigger points that stick out into the Sound, and a potential for some good fishing.
It the eightys that was one of my favorite drifts when gillnetting fall silvers, so I think it would be a great beach fishing locale

·
bushwhacker
426 Posts
PS salmon anglers just call it the Oil Docks. Popular Chinook spot on certain tides, but the Coasties are sometimes vigilant about enforcing an alleged restricted area there. I had a frustrating experience with some boy scouts (coast guard auxiliary volunteers) a few years back who seemed to think the restriction there covered half the Sound.

Between private lands and the restricted areas, can't imagine trying to access it from the beach.

·
Registered
767 Posts
I have the same experience when fishing from a boat, in front of NOAA. I was warned by NOAA security, twice! That there was a 250ft, imaginary line/boundry. Yet no boat patrol, just a guy in a rent a cop suit yelling from the grass. I walks several hundred yards from the NOAA building to waters edge. Must be monitoring a camera feed via computer screen or lazer lights ring a door hop bell on his desk.

·
Make my day
4,820 Posts
I heard there was a plan in the works to try to get it closed down and turned into a park. This was a few years ago. I'll ask someone who knows what is the status of it.

·
Registered
5,345 Posts
An international developer wanted to turn it into a large community 4-5 years ago. It would have had homes and businesses. The people of Woodway and Richmond Beach howled in protest and the proposal died.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Am I reading this correctly? That, an Israeli holding company (Alon) owns both BSRE and oil shipping and storage facility at Pt Wells?

An excerpt from the article:

"delay in starting the environmental cleanup is understandable because it is the responsibility of the company that runs petroleum shipping and storage at the site, an entity that is separate from developer BSRE. Both companies are subsidiaries of Israeli holding company Alon.

·
Make my day
4,820 Posts
Remember how long the Edmonds site took to clean up. And they cut corners. Got permission to lock up some of the contamination by paving over it.

I'll be surprised if construction happens before 2025.

Bet you and I have to help pay for some of it as well.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.