Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Banned
10,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm obsessed right now with fishing. All I can think about is being out on the water. It usually happens this time of year as we get our first consistent wave of good weather. I'm about to hit the road for a couple of days to work but just not feeling it. I'm just counting down the hours until the weekend as I have plans both Sat and Sun.

Anyone else fightin' it? How do you cope?

Retired folks, feel free to chime in and let us know how good your life currently is. Also, a thank you to the working stiffs for doing our part to keep the machine rollin' is greatly appreciated. :D

Remember, this is the nest.

·
Registered
5,868 Posts
You know what I'm struggling with. Work committees. I'm going to make a committee to stop work committees.

You can take a simple proposal. Add several people and draw it out for months and nobody questions it! It's like all fricking common sense has gone out the window. Hire well trained people and get the hell out of their way so they can do their frigging job.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
I work on boats, so I witness a parade of small boats,kayaks and paddle boards. Due to hot weather and no salmon season yet , I'm able to stomach it. The next couple of days have some juicy weather so I'm convincing myself not to tear another hole in this beast. Have to do a small job at ps fly co, so that always motivates me to find fish.
So yes I can't focus at all.

·
Custom Title
12,145 Posts
Lets see - this is the 4th day of my weekend & the next 7-day weekend starts Sunday. Nope, no motivational issues here. We may even get a bit of cooling rain today. Keep working though, Swimmy - the gubmit already squandered what I paid in from '66 through 2013 . . . it is appreciated. I'd be fishing today, but I offered to help a retired friend instead.

·
Veðrfölnir
5,391 Posts
I'm going through the same thing.

While I truly love my job as a commercial refrigeration mechanic/gas fitter, that hot little water rocket with 5 beer wells softly calls my name all day. It is quite distracting. I'm managing fishing 3-5 nights most weeks right now. Each night has been getting later and later to get on the water, as the needs of summertime refrigeration slowly eat up my life.

Two weeks ago I didn't get out once, and worked 99.5 hrs in a 7 day stretch.

It's seeing the free time melting away that is making its value felt.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Get a job and live by a river. I could step out after work, take a short walk and fish the water you guys drool over. Didn't know I had it so good.....

Actually, the convenience diminishes the pleasure. So dream on!

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
Yeah, more than anything I need to get out on the water somewhere.

But no, there's so much piled up on my plate right now. I'm getting to the point where I'm going to have to just put my head down and ignore anything that isn't work/home/ADULTLYFE stuff for a while.

Which is lame.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
IMHO part of your problem is where you live. Hitting the road in Montana means you have to drive by all that water that you know holds trout. I use to run a route in Yellowstone it use to kill me driving down 89 and seeing people floating, hatches so thick you had to clean your windshield every few miles. The worst, my fishing buddies floating who would see my truck and wave with beers in hand or thumbs up, and grinning from ear to ear.

1 - 20 of 79 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.