Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Tropical member
2,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I am currently in the market to buy a light trout rod 3-4 weight 8-9 feet. Haven't get in touch with the graphite trout rods for a while... so I need some help here...

soft or stiff doesn't matter to me, but I want this rod for dry fly fishing. and I need something "feel light" in hand. The G Loomis Whisper Creek series looks nice, but I have no idea what they feel like on hand...(local fly shop doesn't have them) I was wondering how the action compare to Sage LL 389 or Winston WT?

Any suggestion would be appreciated! Thanks!

Mark

·
Robert
3,012 Posts
I've not fished it, but I believe it's moderately soft. Jon Bial had one for sale on this site some months ago(6?). Why don't you PM him and ask him about them? He may still have it. I bought a HLS-GLX from him and love it. Loomis warranty is good, as well.

·
Tropical member
2,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Very sweet casting dry fly rod....feels like my sage LL rod. There was a discussion about them not to long ago here. Moderate (slow) action rod and very nice looking.
Thanks! Porter
I just checked, the price is sweet too!
I will check out those rods...

·
Long Lost Member
20,209 Posts
I have a bunch of fast rods. This one is not one of them. I liked it from the first day and have grown to like it more. Nice and smooth and it just feels good in the hand. If you like packability the Redington CT comes in 6 peice rods for both 3 and 5 wt models. Seems pretty easy to tuck into a pack for a hike into some brookie country!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.