Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wanting to buy a loop opti speedrunner and i was wanting to know how you guys think of this. I want to use it for steelhead and salmon in freshwater and some saltwater fishing. Any information would help a lot. Thanks :thumb:

·
Registered
6,822 Posts
I've looked at them, and not only are they gorgeous, but they finish and fit are impeccable. I have not fished one, but I've heard absolutely nothing negative, and I frequent a number of saltwater websites . . .

If you want it, I don't think you should have any qualms about its performance . . .

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
I have an Opti Speedrunner, an Opti Runner and the Evotec HD9-13. I really like them all and haven't regretted the purchase. I actually had an 8-12 but it was a little tight with my skagit lines so bought the larger size.

They are very quiet so if you're partial to Hardy Perfects and their 'song' (I am) you might not like the Loops. For me the tradeoff for a smooth drag, salt safe and fast line pick up were worth sacrificing a loud click.

I read a report that because of it's light construction, the Speedrunner frame could deform under pressure from really big blue water fish but that'll probably never be an issue for me...

The Runner with a nice SRC:
View attachment 33969

·
Recreational User
1,665 Posts
Got a megaloop a few years back.

Nice reel, quick-as-hell retrieve. Smooth, too.

'Til it froze up on me.

Luckily, the guys at the loop service center replaced the drag, and the faulty o-ring.

Works like a charm now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.