Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1,911 Posts
Anyone heard of Wild Steelhead& Salmon magazine

I think there's only been a couple issues of Wild on the Fly. I thought it was a well done, content based, catalog for the travel arm of Mike Michalak's The Fly Shop in Redding! ;)

I like Fish & Fly. The content can be all over the map- but some articles blow away anything in any other mag. Pero is moving the bar forward with his approach (like circlespey mentions with the regional multi-guide articles). The personality profiles are well done too (the Brian O'Keefe article comes to mind). So they miss here and there- like the bonefish bikini issue (Although I must admit to the humor I find in some fly fishers delicate sensibilities, like we exist outside the world we live in or some such thing...).

I'd rather take the good with the bad trying new stuff in Fish & Fly, than the same old, same old, same old.

· Registered
1,911 Posts
Anyone heard of Wild Steelhead& Salmon magazine

"Or you could just say he is moving the Dean North"

That's a heck of an accomplishment! Although I wouldn't mind if he moved it south and tucked it away someplace out of the way- closer to home ;)

Remember when NW Fly Fishing published the how-to on Olympic Char? Ooops! Heck they're only magazines, but I enjoy reading new editorial styles and approaches, that's all I'm saying. I still love NWFF despite the fact they encouraged people to fish in closed waters for a species protected by the ESA. And you have to admit the Bonefishing boobies were nice to look at in the dead of PNW winter :eek

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.