Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Retired Mod
10,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had seen them a few years ago, but seemed like the one day I decide to buy it later, it disappeared. Well, got about 8 issues of them (circa 97-98) and they're pretty fun to read. Found some pretty interesting things in there as well (like a $450.00 Abel cigar roller ). What I liked the most about the magazine it wasn't printed so "clean", but the writers told it like it was. I know it was originally Wild Steelhead & Atlantic Salmon, and think it's now Fish & Fly (which I can't find either in any stores). So, is it still in print? I'd love to see if they still have virtually the same format. I loved the 1st page, a classic full dressed atlantic salmon fly. I really enjoyed the magazines I have. Looks like buying the old one's are a major mint (I only paid about $0.80 each).

So, has anyone else seen these? Was wondering what your take was on them, or do you have info on them now? Looks like they were published out of Seattle, WA.

· Retired Mod
10,990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No, they didn't have any of the large formats. I got some of the really good issues though (they may all been good, only seen these). I got the whole collection that he had. It's great. May have to check out fish and fly. I posted same thing on another BB, and guess the new one caters to all fly fishing. Guess it wasn't marketible (sp?) enough since it was so specific. I love this magazine to death though. Great read nonetheless.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.