Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
751 Posts
About six months ago, I had the good fortune of getting about 15 paper boxes full of magazines for free, just about every fly fishing publication dating back to 1978. It included several copies of Wild Steelhead and Salmon magazine. Looked like a good mag, but they discontinued it and replaced it with Fish & Fly. Bob, sorry to hear that you don't like the magazine, but it happens to be my favorite mag. Great photos, great articles, too bad it's quarterly! I subscribed at the fishing show, however, and never got my magazine! I had to buy the last issue...

I just picked up the new issue of Wild on the Fly, now that is an awesome magazine...

worldanglr
http://www.worldanglr.com/

Calling Fly Fishing a hobby is like calling Brain Surgery a job.
-Paul Schullery

· Registered
751 Posts
Anyone heard of Wild Steelhead& Salmon magazine

Wild on the Fly is a new magazine just put out that is based on fly fishing and fly fishing travel. Lots of color photos, great information on world wide fishing, etc. It's a quarterly magazine, they have been giving away free issues for a while to try and get the mag started. If you're looking for an issue, head to your local fly shop, Swede's has the latest issue, as it seems they sent a dozen copies to just about every fly shop in the Northwest. The new issue that just came out is the third issue that has been released...

I like the mag because it's right up my alley, some awesome photography, great articles, and all the articles are about fishing in wild places. I'm not sure it's an actual branch of The Fly Shop, but they certainly are a big backer for the magazine. The current issue has an awesome article on the rainbows of the Zapapurna (spelling?) river in Kamchatka, an article on the mahsheer of India...

worldanglr
http://www.worldanglr.com/

Calling Fly Fishing a hobby is like calling Brain Surgery a job.
-Paul Schullery

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.