Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in North Seattle, and have a coupe of Sage rods that need repaired. One is a very minor fix, and the other is more major. Instead of sending them to Sage, I'm thinking of taking them over personally. Howver, the ferry costs can add up.

I'm looking to see if anyone else needs their rod repaired. I coud take your rod and drop it off, and pick it up in a couple of weeks when I pick up mine, in exchange for you throwing in a few bucks to defray my ferry and travel costs. It's a viable alternative to paying the $50 to Sage and packaging and shipping your rod to Sage.

Just a concept right now, but I'd like to do this in the next week or two. Contact me if you are interested or have any questions. :thumb:

·
Long Lost Member
20,205 Posts
From Sage's web site FAQ page: (No mention of fees for walk in drop off or pick up) (I plan to call them myself because I've dropped off and picked up rods for myself and for friends in the past 6 months on two or three occasions. I have not paid a penny, not sure if my friends did before I dropped off or when they went to pick up themselves, but I don't think so.)

If you are returning a rod, please return the entire rod, including the broken part(s), in its original tube or a PVC tube. If you are returning a reel, please return the reel in a box. Include with these items a printed version of this form completely filled out and attached to your repair. Use one form for each rod, blank or reel to be repaired.

For U.S. and Canadian customers, please include a check or money order in the amount of $50 USD. For your convenience, Sage accepts VISA, MasterCard and American Express.

For customers outside the U.S. or Canada, you will be responsible for the actual shipping charges from Sage as well as any customs and/or duties fees to and from Sage. Please contact the Sage Repair Department for instructions on returning your rod to Sage. E-mail: [email protected] Sage Manufacturing 8500 N.E. Day Road Bainbridge Island, WA 98110 Attn: Repair Dept.

Link to their rod/reel return form:
http://www.sageflyfish.com/media/File/0957_Sage09_Product_Services_Form.pdf (nothing about walk in drop off or pick up fees there either)

I will update this post once I call them and get their answer.

Answer from Sage Customer Service:
I asked, if I walk my rod in for repair and choose to come in and pick it up will I be charged any additional fees similar to the $50 shipping and handling fee?

Sage Customer Service replied:
Unless you have opted for any additional services, such as an spare tip while your rod is in being repaired you will not be assessed any fees if you drop off and pick up your rod. The $50 fee is only for shipping, handling and tracking for those repairs that must go through the mail.

Great question. I'm really happy with the answer since I prefer to drop my Sage/Redington items off myself on the rare occasion I need warranty service.

·
Registered
6,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Rumor is they charge you for drop off/ pick ups now too... I have a broken rod that I need to drop off.
I sent Sage an email just before my initial post, and the respondent said no charge for drop off and pick ups.

I plan to go over late next week, either Thursday or Friday.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.