Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a good all around sinking 5 wt line. The clear Prestige Plus line from Cabelas looks like a decent line for the price and would like to hear your guys input about it. I'm also open to any other suggestions that would be good for an all around sinking line. Thanks in advance,

Bernard

·
Registered
578 Posts
I've got their multi-tip system for my 5wt. I like it well enough, in spite of some of the inherent problems that loop-loop connections and wt-forward tip sections have (hanging up in the guides, poor mending qualities on streams). No hinge-ing problems, however. I've had it for two seasons, and earlier this year, the loop on the running line broke. An overhand loop knot is my servicable quick-fix, but I need to find a better solution.

The type VI tip has served me well on lakes, and I imagine doubling up the type III with it will add extra depth for trolling.

I think you'd be happy with the Cabela's line, but factor in shipping costs with the instant gratification of buying the line from a local shop, and having them wind your spool for you.

Tom

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.