Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Team Umiak
410 Posts
Furlough Day (aka an unpaid state day off)? If I didn't have a medical appt tomorrow I'd head over the hump and join ya. You goin above Vail? Njoy your day and treat em kind.

·
Eyes to the sky...
2,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Furlough Day (aka an unpaid state day off)? If I didn't have a medical appt tomorrow I'd head over the hump and join ya. You goin above Vail? Njoy your day and treat em kind.
No, I just have fri&sat of every week. Fishing friday.:thumb::thumb::thumb:

I'm going to start low, and wind up high above Vail, methinks.

·
Registered
11,299 Posts
Man I'm so tempted to say sure, but I promised the G/F I would mow her lawn tomorrow before she gets home from work, so hitting PNP in the morning is a much more viable option for me since she lives just a couple miles from the beach.

·
Eyes to the sky...
2,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Man I'm so tempted to say sure, but I promised the G/F I would mow her lawn tomorrow before she gets home from work, so hitting PNP in the morning is a much more viable option for me since she lives just a couple miles from the beach.
Good thing, as I just scored a ride in Alex's boat on the Yakima.:thumb:

Hit me up if you want to get down here to fish later on, tho.:beer2:

·
Smells like low tide.
7,951 Posts
If I'd turned on my computer last night, I'd have volunteered. Been wanting to check out the Little D for some time, but never seem to get it together.
But now I've got returning bluebacks nearby...and maybe some tidewater trolling for Kings starting up around here in a couple of weeks...but I'd leave here to check out some good cutthroat river fishing.

Problem is, I can hit up 3 different systems on 3 different days, and only drive a total of 52 miles round trip from my driveway. And only paddle a minimum of 24 miles in those 3 days, unless I want to do more. And have it all to myself 80% of the time on weekdays. This sort of thing makes it really tough to even get out of my area this time of year, when the bluebacks start returning!
Got canoe?

·
Smells like low tide.
7,951 Posts
Punk teenager that was going with me tomorrow to re-dial in the "aircraft carrier" went on surfari to Pacific City, OR for the weekend instead. Now I might just go paddle in. I need a crew who can actually crew for the initial run thru the shallows at low tide, just in case I forget the right track or error in compensating for the current on some of the turns. I have a couple of strategies to unstick myself, though. One of them that usually always eventually works, is just to wait for the tide to come back in!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.