Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance. 

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
A perusal of the bay shows some fly shop close outs on Circa at 499 and Ones at 515, both with free shipping. My local shop just put their Ones on sale at 552 plus tax. It's a bad time to try to unload a used One for sure. If I just bought a Sage One recently might be a little miffed, but I guess that's the free market system. Makes me like bamboo even more.

·
Registered
313 Posts
A perusal of the bay shows some fly shop close outs on Circa at 499 and Ones at 515, both with free shipping. My local shop just put their Ones on sale at 552 plus tax. It's a bad time to try to unload a used One for sure. If I just bought a Sage One recently might be a little miffed, but I guess that's the free market system. Makes me like bamboo even more.
I bought my Sage XP 4 days before it was discontinued. Yeah, slightly miffed. However, after my sad face, my local shop gave me the discounted difference as store credit. Yay for them.

·
Registered
8,817 Posts
Sage is a great company I just don't like the marketing strategy of re designing everything every 3-4 years.

I'd like to see them keep all their well loved models and only redesign when something isn't quite right or not selling as expected.

Once a great rod always a great rod. No reason to te do it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.