Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planning a trip up to the high north country in Alaska for this August, looking at a solo 12 day float. Likely rivers are the Kobuk or Noatuk but I can't really tell from the books what the fishing will be like. Is there anyone on this net who has fished way up there in the arctic circle and has some throughts to share on how to pick a river?

·
Registered
129 Posts
I've fished the very upper reaches of the Noatak just above where you would normally put in to float the river. We caught lots of small grayling and some Arctic char up to 22". I don't know much about the fishing down lower in the river. Typically, the small side creeks will have lots of grayling that will be available even if the main river is swollen from rain or snowfall. The rivers go up and down extremely quickly. You can't go wrong with any of the rivers. The scenery and wildlife are so amazing that fish are just frosting on the cake.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.