Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am stressed about the state of my articulated leeches - just because I have OCD.

I used to keep them in a compartmented box but found that everything stuck together - hooks in spey hackle, etc. Then I switched to one of those boxes with the slotted foam. Now my Tungston heads are floppin' all over and the box still looks like a shithole.

So I am thinking of making my slotted foam box more like a Tarpon stretcher. Anyone find any more elegant solutions?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Send the m to me and you will have no more worries.

If that is not an option then use the compartment style boxes. The flyes dry better and no rusty hooks.

That is the advise I recently was given.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Are your flies articulated or are they stinger hooked flies? How you store them will depend on that, if they are stinger-hooked, then the cliff boxes ak mentioned will be great. if they are articulated, meaning two separate pieces that are jointed together then any large foam lined box will do. I prefer the ones that are think as to give the flies room to breath as often articulated flies are bulky and can get cramped from the ones on the opposing sides when closed.

·
Long Lost Member
20,209 Posts
G

·
This may seem too simple for some, but I take the half dozen I know that I'm going to use and put them in a zip-lock baggie.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.