Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just returned late last night from a nearly 3 week vacation (fishing reports to come) and was surprised to find NO flies in my mailbox. I'm assuming that this is a reflection of the time taken to tie the quality flies that will start showing up very soon.

Just a reminder that they should be to me by this Saturday, so if you haven't started already - GET TYING!! Also, fishdreamer dropped out, so you only need to send 13 of your very best. I'm looking forward to seeing them.

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Got mine in the mail this AM. I put them in this little Eclipse box that came with my gum. If you can tie flies, you should be able to construct a small box for the transit. Cardboard, glue, fly head cement, etc.

By the way, I only use ladies' "Hard As Nails" for cement. Comes with a brush. Dries quick and beautifully.
Robert, the Ontime.

·
Slainte
6,656 Posts
the check is in the mail...

actually, the flies are, not the check. What an experience tying a new pattern, some are good, some are...well, OK. But they should catch fish!!!

Roper,

Good things come to those who wade...

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
the check is in the mail...

Roper.....whats up man?? you too good to email me back or what?? dirty dawg!!! :p

Id take one of Roper's "some are...well, OK" flies cause even these flies are better than my best flies!! :thumb

BTW: wheres my net??? :7

~Patrick ><>

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
Hey bud.....did you venture into those waters I told you about?? If so how did you do?? drop me a pm or email or something and let me in on the scoop. We are heading there this weekend and a little curious how it is this year??

cya

~Patrick ><>

·
Slainte
6,656 Posts
The Prince of Scuds...

If the net was up your...um, I mean, uh, it's in work. The wood is aging in my shop as we speak. We steam bend only the finest aged wood to make our nets...sounds kinda like a load of advertising fertilizer doesn't it?

:eek :eek

Roper,

Good things come to those who wade...

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.