Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spent a day last week fishing with my dad and Doug Rose. My dad is in his 70's with a heart condition so this was kind of a "bucket list" thing to do. The catching was pretty poor, but the fishing was wonderful. We sampled 4 rivers (it's amazing what's available within a relatively short distance from Forks), each river with it's own distinctive personality and all offering some beautiful "fishy" water.

Doug was ever so patient and considerate and tried his very best to get us into fish, but aside from the fresh little 10" cutty that I caught (swung, on a royal coachman type streamer), not much love. It was, however, an excellent introduction to some fine OP water.

Even better was the time spent with my Dad. Autumn is here, Winter is coming soon. I want to go fishing with my dad again.

View attachment 34867

·
FUBAR
971 Posts
Best time to be on the water for sure.

·
Just an Old Man
35,199 Posts
Spent a day last week fishing with my dad and Doug Rose. My dad is in his 70's with a heart condition so this was kind of a "bucket list" thing to do. The catching was pretty poor, but the fishing was wonderful. We sampled 4 rivers (it's amazing what's available within a relatively short distance from Forks), each river with it's own distinctive personality and all offering some beautiful "fishy" water.

Doug was ever so patient and considerate and tried his very best to get us into fish, but aside from the fresh little 10" cutty that I caught (swung, on a royal coachman type streamer), not much love. It was, however, an excellent introduction to some fine OP water.

Even better was the time spent with my Dad. Autumn is here, Winter is coming soon. I want to go fishing with my dad again.

View attachment 34867
It's good to see you get out with your Dad. I'll bet he enjoyed it. He might feel it later.

·
Still truckless now farther away
1,693 Posts
I agree with all of the above, You can never get enough fishing with Dad and then it's too late. Wish all my boys felt like that too.

·
Long Lost Member
20,209 Posts
Recently returned from taking my 82 year old dad to Kelly Creek...wonderful trip. Not sure he has many more wade trips so it was a special one.
Having just returned from that general location, I'd say that you took your father to paradise and must have enjoyed a lot of quality time. I respect your choice of location and fishing parnters greatly.

·
Just an Old Man
35,199 Posts
How come nobody takes me out. I sit here in Montana waiting but nothing happens.

I'm the only one in my family that fishes. My dad never did and my shit head kids don't either.

So I just have to hope that somebody will come out of the woodwork and take me out. Not really as I can still drive but I'm just to lazy to go.

·
FUBAR
971 Posts
Time to pack all of WWF up and crash at OMJ's

·
Banned
5,200 Posts
makes me want to get my dad into some fish. he works at fort flager and the salmon come in off the point. I know he fishes for them now and then, but never catches anything. man, he would get a kick out of a steelhead.....

best guide for fly + gear or just gear for the sol duc?

·
Banned
5,200 Posts
How come nobody takes me out. I sit here in Montana waiting but nothing happens.

I'm the only one in my family that fishes. My dad never did and my shit head kids don't either.

So I just have to hope that somebody will come out of the woodwork and take me out. Not really as I can still drive but I'm just to lazy to go.
Jim, if I ever end up in dillon I will shoot you a PM. Warning, I dont have a boat or a clue!

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
My Dad lives close to me. We actually fish together quite a bit. Reading this makes me want to make certain I take the time to really appreciate the time we have been enjoying together. You never know...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.