Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all!

A buddy and I are headed up the Elwha river for a few days towards the end of this month. I have seen some discussion on this forum, but want to know if the fishing stays consistent as you head up the river? We were planning to go as far as elkhorn campground. Does the fishing shut off higher than that? Does anyone have experience of fishing further up the river than that?

Perhaps someone could give me a gameplan as to how to fish that river, knowing we are down to hike a ways and have around 3 days to do it in. Thanks all!

Any info would help! Feel free to PM me if you would like.

Jason

·
Registered
658 Posts
When my buddies and I did it several years ago, we base camped at Elkhorn and only fished above it. We had very good fishing, and were I to return (before they remove the dam), I would suggest fishing higher.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Pastor, My brothers and I Base camped at elkhorn as well. The fishing improved above elkhorn all the way to Hays patrol cabin. RM 17. Dries in the evening and nymphing beadhead stones throughout the day. I do have a photo album of the trip on this site if you care to look. Have fun Bill

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.