Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
North Bend, WA
4,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Upgraded the forum tonight. Go ahead and reply here with any "forum software" issues you want to pass along.

1) Formatting issue on the main forum page, where forum names are located under the status icon. Should be to the right.

Regards,

Chris Scoones
WFF

·
Long Lost Member
20,205 Posts
Wasted! Working tomorrow will be rough after the mandatory refresh and drink.

·
It's all about the sauce.....
551 Posts
Upgrade? Did we switch to an HTC or an apple product? My telekinetic refresh app works much better now.

·
Love vintage graphite!
1,125 Posts
Don't know if this has anything to do with the upgrade but text is showing up as a single line. The format of the screen is about a million pages wide. I have to scroll L to R to read a single line of text.

·
Just an Old Man
35,207 Posts
Only problem I have is that new posts don't show up in the heavy type like they used to. I can't tell what is new until I look at the time they were entered. Kind of frustrating.

Jim

Shit, maybe it's just me. I was here earlier and I guess that nothing was posted between the time I left and then came back. It helps if I could only have a attention span longer than a heart beat.

G

·
Now I've noticed that it is not posting the person I qouted. It just has my remark, and a big space where the quote should be. :hmmm:

·
551 Posts
Don't know if this has anything to do with the upgrade but text is showing up as a single line. The format of the screen is about a million pages wide. I have to scroll L to R to read a single line of text.
What he said.
(Bitterroot)
At first it was great, but now all text is in a single line on a very very wide page.

Greg
Hey fellas, I don't know what version of explorer or ther program your running, but if you are on a recent version of windows explorer, click on the sprocket looking tab to the upper right or go into your view settings and turn off the "compatability view" . I had the same issue, and this fixed it right away.

·
Long Lost Member
20,205 Posts
Screw it. Chris, might we get another upgrade tonight with the refresh for a drink rules? I got a fresh case super cold and just cracked my second as the small creatures are tucked in. I'm ready to wear that refresh key out. Looks great at home, a bit strange at work, but I think at work I need to upgrade IE and check on the compatability view as suggested by Mikey. Thanks Chris and thanks Mikey.

·
551 Posts
Maybe, just maybe, when verizon gets the iphone we can get a complimentary upgrade for all members with 305+ posts! Just a thought cause I haven't had any problems on my current iphone........and just think, everyone could get the "fishhead" app that gives you all of the tides and river flows!

Mikey Likes it!

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Some threads view just like normal and some threads view with one very long line, possibly a second.

Sometimes the view is fine, but if I go to the a second or third page, etc., it goes out of whack.

I have Internet Explorer 7.0 and there is no option to go to another version of it or to use another type like Firefox.

·
551 Posts
So I think I may have misinformed everyone on the whole "compatability view" thing on MS Internet Explorer. If you are running IE 7 then you may need to turn your compatability view "ON" to view things correctly. Here's how:
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/1196-internet-explorer-compatibility-view-turn-off.html

For those on IE 8, your surfer is already set for modern standards so just turn yours off until the new upgrades on the web come out. That is done in the tools, or you can click the sprocket in the upper right by the printer and internet options buttons, or you might have an actual button on your toolbar that looks like a torn sheet.

No not all threads are having this problem, but here's one that is that you can try it on.

http://www.washingtonflyfishing.com/board/showthread.php/69859-Thoughts-and-thanks-on-my-first-year

Good luck!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.