Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i just sold my Southfork. Just want to say thanks to Mark, it was nice meeting him. So now its starting to sink in, "I dont have a boat". I have been looking for awhile now and came across a guy who has a small shop selling gear and boats in Kent. He has a badcat thats new. He actually has a few in his shop. I dont remember the name of his business though. The toons are black, 9' long and 19" dia. Frame looks a little light but has a nice big rear deck. 795.00. I am not in a huge hurry and want to get the most boat for my budget. so my question is; should i jump on this? is this a reasonable price, quality? Also interested in a Sunrise but cant afford a new one. I saw the post from the guy in NH but 800.00 and a few thousand miles seems a bit risky.
Thanks for any advice in advance.
Shawn

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
That was Shawn you talked to, the owner of BadCats, who recently moved his business up there from Oregon. And he does have a pair of 9'x 19" black tubes for sale from a limited run - I called him about them per his Craigslist ad and he sent me pictures of the tubes as well.

Shawn also offered some different choices in frames you might want to discuss with him, as he can put a stand-up frame on those tubes as well, which what I am planning on buying. I would have pulled the trigger on one of his boats but I'm currently still n the analysis paralysis mode as I finalize my boat choice between BadCat, WaterReady who is near my home here in Oregon, and another builder who is currently off the public radar..

·
Registered
77 Posts
Guy seems very knowledgable. His frames are narrow and suited for our rivers (compared to NRS). I'm going to have him upgrade my anchor system. He also recommended longer reaching oars. I thought his prices were reasonable. I sure hope he stays. It's great to have someone close.

·
Remember when you could remember everything?
7,182 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Not exactly, toons look similar but black and the the frame is a lot different. Not quite as beefy as that one looks and no motor mount but it has a large rear deck, almost like a big tray. It was about 3"deep maybe 4". and does come with oars.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.