Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ah, we finally got some warm weather here in the sound. I've been fishing the beaches on Bainbridge Island, Fort Ward, Pritchard Park, Agate Passage and Point White. The action has been great in all locations, but no SRC's over 13" though. I've been skating medium sized stimulators on the surface about 40 from the beach; great fun.

Still looking for the first silvers...anyone seen them yet??

Jeff Regan
Bainbridge Island

·
Registered
11,299 Posts
I really need to get out and explore Bainbridge more. I live just across the bridge. I've fished Faye a handful of times with decent success for rezzies, and drove to Fort Ward once but that was more of a beach outing with my son and g/f than a true fishing outing. Glad you're gettin after em.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nick,

All the beaches on the East side of the Island are inudated with seaweed, don't even try it. So far this year, Agate Passage, Fort Ward and Point WHite have been best. Get there 1-2 hours before high tide.

Look for me on the beach and say hi.

Jeff Regan
Bainbridge Island

·
Smells like low tide.
7,951 Posts
Jeff, I used to live within spitting distance of the Crystal Springs pier in the early 80's. An old timer who was a neighbor of mine, would walk out on the pier and look at the water and search for any bait. If things looked good to him, he'd go get his rowboat and troll for searun cutts right over the edge of the dropoff. He used a handline attached to a snubber attached to a strap on his neck, and held the line in his lips while he rowed. He was flatlining anchovies. A strike would pull the line from his lips, and he's set the hook with a jerk of his head coordinated with a pull on the oars. He always brought the fish up on the far side of the boat. Sly old guy! He was in his 80's back then, and still rowing.

·
Smells like low tide.
7,951 Posts
No. But I remember that John was his first name. He was a real gentleman and a wiry tough old guy. Last name escapes me. His son is/was a W WA politician.

My organic file retrieving system finally kicked in: the old searun cutthroat angler's name was John Munro.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.