Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Bass Bug Swap 10 Spots

Swap 
4K views 45 replies 9 participants last post by  thesankers 
#1 ·
Hello,

I'm new to WFF but love the fly swap. I would happily host a 10 spot Bass Bug swap seeing as how the water temps are coming up nicely. Anyone interested? I think we should leave it open to any style of Bass Bugs. PM or Post if you are in.

Thanks, Dan

1.Dano67
Banarama(Received)
3.Kevin Lune
Damsel Dry or Mouse
4.Hedburner
Sketch County Swimming Frog (Received)
5.thesankers
Swimming Frog (Received)
6.Kirk Singleton
WBD (Weapon of Bass Destruction)(Received)
7.Mike Lee
EPDM Ghost Popper (Received)
8. snaglovin
Orange Diver

See less See more
#10 ·
Is there still room? Never done a swap, always wanted to, but seem to be too late each time. This should be interesting as I am new to tying and new to bass bugs, but will deliver the best I can do. If space is available I will offer up the EPDM Ghost Popper.

#14 ·
I've been browsing the web for some good patterns to tie and haven't found anything that stood out. Does anyone here have any patterns to suggest? The simpler, the better -- I too am a little intimidated by deer hair -- but I'm really happy to tie anything that works.

Rob

#15 ·
Rob,

My first choice was a Woolly Leech. It's basically a Woolly Bugger with Bead Chain eyes. A guy I met in B'ham was using one. Watched him land 6 smalls in an hour. He said he used a 1/0 mustad 36890. Said the bent up eye has better action. Just an option. I have never tied a deer hair anything [yet]. Hence the EPDM Ghost Popper works well for me [I think, have yet to tie one].

Two weeks? I'll do my best to meet that timeline fellas. I know we haven't gotten the last two yet, but who knows. They may have signed up as I am typing this post. Looking forward to everyones flies!

#16 ·
I tied a bunch of BananaRama's and Bleeding Minnows last night. Both were really easy to tie and I will see how they work on the Smallies tomorrow. I have tied three of the EPDM Ghost poppers but have yet to fish them. The only add I would put onto the EPDM is a weed guard out of 40 lb mono. I will let everyone khow how they worked. We still need two people or we can cap it at eight and get started. Give me some feedback about the 8 person cap please.

Thanks, Dan

#17 ·
Dan, I was considering the weed gaurd as well, but I think it's left off in the recipe for a reason. I'm not sure if it's an issue of where to tie it on or if it's possibly only meant for areas of fallen trees and lilly pads instead of snake grass and weeds. Maybe I'll provide a wire insert weed gaurd and let it be a preference thing for the other swappies to insert or not. Did you tie on a weed gaurd? It looks like it would float pretty high on the water.

#19 ·
Dan, In regards to a cut off date, maybe we give it another week. Those that want to get started can go ahead and tie 10 flies [one to save] and if we pick up the other two then great! If not then the tiers have a few of their own or donate to the comish [you]. I figure that getting 80% in 5 days should merit at least a few more days. Just my opnion.

Mike

#23 ·
Ok I'm Changing my fly to a Banarama in a yellow and rust color. We lost one person so we will make the cutoff on Friday and go with what we have. Lets get started tying, Im ready to get me some Bass!!! thesankers, Great looking bug you have there!!!

#24 ·
Okay it's closed. Delivery date to me is the 28th of May. Please send the bugs labeled with your name and the nameof the fly. Also drop in something for postage to get it back to you. I have attached a picture to get eeryone motivated for the BASS! This was caught with a broken rod tip and a small brown and black clouser. I will PM all that are involved my address to ship to.

Thanks, Dan

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.