Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK Guys,

Here is our current list of players for the Bass bug swap.

GreekGeek......Bobbin Bugger
Roper..........YaYa Fly
Fly15..........Famous Bunny Worm
Little Stone...Spun Hair Bug
Piscean........Crawfish/or Floating Bug
MacRowdy.......mudlerpopperbunnyleechsculpin
Cam09
pwoens

I don't know if y'all would be intrested (or up to) tying 2 (or more) patterns, but if so say the word. I think it might make it a little more worth our time. I'll let anyone else who might be intrested have a chance to join...and I'll post my address and standard swap rules in the next e-mail.

Tight Lines,

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
GreekGeek
AKA Matt Williams
[email protected]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
Well fellas...I may have to drop out unless the due date is sometime in early April due to my trip next week?? Whats the tentative due date we got in mind?? Im up for it as long as I have a few days to tie em...Plus I have to figure out a new bug because Mac stole my copyrighted bug out from underneath me :bawling ...you ars }(

Cant wait til everyone sees my corn fly I tied up for the carp swap...what a crack up..its kinda of a bonus fly cause I came across it when I was surfing the web...the guy swore by this thing so we will see....its kinda corny though ;) thats why I gave all two bugs...

cya

~Patrick ><>

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey All,

What do you say we make it in the mail by April 15th and two bugs per person?...that gives us all a good month to tie our bugs, and we'll have a mess of Bass bugs before the fishing for them gets real hot.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
GreekGeek
AKA Matt Williams
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

·
Idaho Resident Craftsman/Artisan
1,110 Posts
I'm good with that. What about those fellas who can't quite come up with 2 bugs? I got mine. You guys won't be dissapointed. Top water action is where it is at! But the MickyFinnRainbowshiner is a deadly underwater wounded minnow pattern.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Bass Bug Swap...Instructions for The Swap!!

Ok, for those of you who can only handle 1 fly, that's fine. All who would like to tie two may do so if they choose...I for one will. Looks like tax day will be a good time to have them post marked by...that gives those who want to tie two plenty of time to do so.

Here are the rules.

1) Ship flies in a non-crushable box (altoids tin, travel soap case etc.) inside of a manila envelope.

2) Include return shipping cost (same amount it costs to send to me) and MAKE SURE that the return address is CLEARLY DISPLAYED.

3) Please include a tag w/each bug, with recipe and anything else you might want to put on there (preffered fishing fashion, effective variants, etc.)

4) Ship all flies BY April 15th to;

Matthew T. Williams
6202 NE 131st Ave.
Vancouver, Wa

IF, you would like to include one completely off the wall bug for fun, please do so. I can snap pictures of them and post them on the web site for kicks (I'll return them if you'd like). From time to time I'll post a progress report on the site, I'll ship the bugs as soon as I get them all.

On your mark, get set.....START TYING!!!:thumb

Tight Lines,

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
GreekGeek
AKA Matt Williams
[email protected]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Bass Bug Swap...Instructions for The Swap!!

Fly,

8 bugs per tyer...all the same pattern...or 16 with 2 patterns, for Myself, Mac, Fly 15, and who ever else has the gumption to tie a few more.

Tight Lines,

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
GreekGeek
AKA Matt Williams
[email protected]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.