Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

Well, I recieved the first of the bass bugs in the mail today...how's it coming for the rest of y'all?? I've only got a couple more to go myself, I tend to tie them in bunches. Don't forget the 15th is the last day to mail off...so if you haven't got 'em done yet...get tying!

Tight Lines,

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
GreekGeek
AKA Matt Williams
[email protected]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
Roper....I think that was for the Big Bad bunny athon??

GreekGeek...where do I send them? And we agreed on 8 ?? Please correct me if im wrong but I got 8 tied and ready to go. Also do we need to send a SASE also??

~Patrick ><>

·
Slainte
6,656 Posts
Fercrissakes, someone help me pull my head out of my .... I can't seem to keep things straight lately, too many irons in the fire for my CPU. How many swaps are going on now and who are the Swapmiesters?

Roper,

Good things come to those who wade...

·
Registered
364 Posts
Bass Bug Swap is Flummoxed

The flies were originally supposed to be in the mail by April 15th and you were to tie 8 flies. Here is the address to send them to.

Matthew T. Williams
6202 NE 131st AVE.
Vancouver, Wa. 98682

Also here is a list of the people that said they would particapate in the bass fly swap.

GreekGeek - swapmeister
MacRowdy
Roper
Piscean
Pwoens
fly15

I put mine in the mail a couple days ago you guys better get tying.:eek

fly15

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hello All,

Thanks for reposting the info fly15, I got your bugs, they're great...can't wait to get the rest. I've had a bugger of a time recently...my cable has been down, so I haven't been able to access the internet for the last 4 days.

The reason I hadn't posted anything for a while is because I thought everybody understood what to do and was on board...I got a bunch of "I'm in" posts back when I originally organized this thing...I assumed (I know assumed) everybody who said so was in fact "in". Below I have cut an pasted my final instuctions that were posted on March 12th.

Please do send a SASE with return postage. ALSO, if any of you can't get these bugs tied PLEASE let me know...I would be willing to extend things a little so y'all can get them in the mail. Eight bugs per person is the number to shoot for. If anyone has any questions they would like to ask off forumn e-mail me at [email protected]

Tight Lines,

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Matt Williams
AKA GreekGeek
[email protected]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ok, for those of you who can only handle 1 fly, that's fine. All who would like to tie two may do so if they choose...I for one will. Looks like tax day will be a good time to have them post marked by...that gives those who want to tie two plenty of time to do so.

Here are the rules.

1) Ship flies in a non-crushable box (altoids tin, travel soap case etc.) inside of a manila envelope.

2) Include return shipping cost (same amount it costs to send to me) and MAKE SURE that the return address is CLEARLY DISPLAYED.

3) Please include a tag w/each bug, with recipe and anything else you might want to put on there (preffered fishing fashion, effective variants, etc.)

4) Ship all flies BY April 15th to;

Matthew T. Williams
6202 NE 131st Ave.
Vancouver, Wa

IF, you would like to include one completely off the wall bug for fun, please do so. I can snap pictures of them and post them on the web site for kicks (I'll return them if you'd like). From time to time I'll post a progress report on the site, I'll ship the bugs as soon as I get them all.

On your mark, get set.....START TYING!!!

Tight Lines,

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
GreekGeek
AKA Matt Williams
[email protected]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

·
Idaho Resident Craftsman/Artisan
1,110 Posts
Well I regret to inform you all that I wasn't able to produce the infamous Mickyfinnrainbowshiner but I was however able to create an ugly frankensteinish muddlerbunnysculpintopwaterleech pattern that is ugly but deadly. No tag from me. I am way too lazy. This mad scientist has way too many flies on the operating table.

Oh yes, and they will be in the mail today.

MAC

·
Old School Member
830 Posts
2-day extension

My bugs are in the mail! Sorry for the delay! The tag is not quite what the last one was ( I've got alot of irons in the fire right now) But it should suffice .
Any questions on how to tie or fish the "Green Gurgler" can be emailed to me...It is a very productive and durable bass fly. The foam is unsinkable and the silhouette is froggy or buggy or whatever...and the legs provoke the fish to strike...cast near cover and tie with weed guard if you wish...

Good luck!
-Piscean:thumb

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.