Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
The King
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first Baston Switch Rod build. I think these Rods are great for the money. I'm going to take it out this week and I'll let everyone know how she did.

·
The King
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The rod did great. I took it out for fall Chinook on the Salmon River in Oregon and caught two and lost 3. When fighting the fish it felt more like a 7wt than an 8 so fighting a fresh nook was a real struggle. Live and learn, should have taken the 10wt. Those Salmon beat me up. For winter steelies this rod will probably never leave me. The Ambush line was too lite so I attached a head. I don't recall which one it was maybe Rio but it fixed the problem. One of my favorite Rods for sure.

·
Fishon
1,602 Posts
Nice!!!

The rod did great. I took it out for fall Chinook on the Salmon River in Oregon and caught two and lost 3. When fighting the fish it felt more like a 7wt than an 8 so fighting a fresh nook was a real struggle. Live and learn, should have taken the 10wt. Those Salmon beat me up. For winter steelies this rod will probably never leave me. The Ambush line was too lite so I attached a head. I don't recall which one it was maybe Rio but it fixed the problem. One of my favorite Rods for sure.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.