Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A gorgeous machined Gold Cup IV reel, platinum color, a 9-11 saltwater reel or solid 7/8 wt spey reel. The drag is a stainless/carbon fiber setup, and the spool spins easily on a ball bearings.

I just have accumulated too much stuff, the "hey, I might need this if I ever blah blah" and, unfortunately, the blah blah sometimes doesn't happen. I hoped to go to Mexico last year and planned to use this as my 10 weight reel; the trip didn't happen and I have no idea when it might.

This is a crazy good price for a well-built, smooth, beautiful reel.

$70. Heck, this even includes about $20 worth of white dacron backing, too (fly line is NOT included). Please buy this before I change my mind...
Telephone Output device Telephony Table Audio equipment
Peripheral Dishware Tableware Drinkware Table
Rim Audio equipment Gas Auto part Automotive wheel system
Corded phone Dvd Rim Telephone Audio equipment

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't know how easy it is or isn't to adjust; when I got it it was set up for left hand retrieve, which works for me!

As you noted, this is a lot of reel for the money. Heck, a person could take it with them on a fishing trip and leave it with the guide as a tip, and the guide would be elated and you would be happy because 1) you got to use a great reel on the trip, 2) the tip (i.e. the reel) cost you less money than the $$ for a tip, and 3) both you AND the guide would be happy! Gotta like win-win-win!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.