Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
25 Posts
It is about another 25 miles to Beda from Vantage. Stay on I-90 until you get to Dodson Rd.(exit 165, I think) Follow Dodson Rd south for about another 2 or 3 miles. The road to the lake is on the left just after you cross winchester wasteway. I haven't fished it in some time but there are some nice fish there. You may have a tough time fishing it right now as it is kind of a popular place for duck hunting. Myself a get a little nervous when a shower of steel shot is falling around me.

· Registered
846 Posts
Steel shot raining down isn't all that dangerous for the most part- probably a good idea to wear glasses. But, waterfowl hunters would be extremely unappreciative of fisherman messing up their hunt. I'm out hunting in that area 4 days a week and have never seen a fly fishermen this time of year. Even the walleye fishermen are getting pretty sparce in the potholes.

· previously micro brew
4,660 Posts
The worst part about shot coming down, is your instinct is to look up - DON'T, just sit tight until it stops.

Beda is in an area that is close to access to the Winchester Wasteway. This is generally where the duck hunters put in. You will see occasional hunters walking around the lake looking for pheasant / quail, jump shooting ducks. I have never seen dekes set on Beda. There is plenty of other water around, so they don't have to set up on Beda. There is a real problem in the area is with night spot lighters for deer.

Fishing at Beda - it sucks. No hatches, little surface activity. Not much showing up on the finder. The fish are rather skinny and really don't put up much fight right now. Water temp. is about 53 degrees. If it was me heading that way, I'd pick another spot. In fact, heading to another spot tonight for three days of fishin.

· previously micro brew
4,660 Posts
Hasn't been for some time. There was quite a crew out there recently.

Off to Dry Falls for three days.

One of these days I have to get back to working... NAH!

"The angling fever is a very real disease and can only be cured by the application of cold water and fresh, untainted air."
Theodore Gordon

Good luck this weekend, Old Man, and to the rest of you. Heard the Yak is really fishing well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.