Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Let me see if I can get a 4 hour pass from the "boss"...I will have to do make a very good case since I have convinced her to go to the fly fishing show on Sunday. If I get a yes...how does 6-10 sound on Saturday? Meet at Barkley Village Haggen and hit the Nook around 7, be home by 10?

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok everyone, I just got back. I fished from 7am until 2pm without a bite. I fished this morning behind the "On the Way Store" and had a sweet run all to myself for one pass, and when I was wading back up to switch flies and try it again, four gear guys came in below me, no problem. After that I drove upriver and hit two more spots, one behind the old prison camp and one downstream of that. The upper river was super clear and most of the gear guys were using single eggs or small pieces of wool. The lower half, or at least below the Tamahi Bridge, was coloring as the day went on. When I started there was about three feet of vis. and this afternoon it seemed to be getting worse. I spoke with different fisherman throughout the day, and today seemed to be slow. One guy hooked three fish in the morning and most other guys had at least hooked a fish. I only spoke with a few guys that actually landed fish. They said it has been really good, and will only get better. If I had a choice where to fish on a weekday I would hit the Vedder, the water isn't very intimidating and there are some big fish around. The derby leader is a 19lb. hatchery fish, and there have been a number of 15's 16's and 17's brought into Freds. So there it is guys, if any of you Bham boys want to plan a weekend or tuesday/thursday in march, let me know.

crump:thumb

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.