Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering who all plans on showing up tomarrow? I'll be there at 11:00 with an Old Man, and at least 1 rod, who knows mabe 2 or 3. :THUMBSUP

·
Just an Old Man
35,207 Posts
What do I know---I'm just an old man

I thought that you and ****** And Sparse Grey Hackle were going to go over to Hoodsport and slay the Chums. Well if you go I'm going to say a chant so you won't catch anything. Ohmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Ohmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Ohmmmmmmmmmmmmm Ohmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. There you are now jinxed.

Jim

·
Piscatorial predilection
2,439 Posts
I'm going to be dropin' in. I should be headin' back by there around 11 or so. I would sure like to know how those spey rods actually work.

LB

·
Registered
26 Posts
I was wondering if your guys ended up catching anything on Saturday? I came down the river about mid day in a Hyde and took out at the Ben Howard. I had forgotten that you were all meeting at Ben howard or I would have tossed you a beverage or two. It looked like a pretty good turnout! I landed and released several cut's and one hefty summer run, it went 12 or 13lbs. I out fished my gear chucking buddies with a 7 weight and floating line with a wooleybugger!
Flip Down Fly Boy! :HAPPY

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nothing caught, there were alot of us splashing the water and some were only throwing yarn w/ no hook. I personally was'nt too interested in hooking anything. I have plenty of practice reeling, It's the casting that I needed the help with. This was my first time on the water with a long rod, and not that It would have bothered me to hook one, I just wanted to take advantage of all the support and experiance that was there. You guys missed out on one heck of an event, hopefully we can do it again before the rain brings up all the rivers to their Winter flow levels. :THUMBSUP

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Not there, but I was up at 2 Bit yesterday throwing a line and they are all over. The problem with those fish is that they all looked pretty old and beat up, they probably stacked up a while ago and with no rain they have not left. There should be Chum showing in bigger numbers soon though, Thats what I want to play with.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.