Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance. 

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
dirty dog
5,326 Posts
Fred
Do a search for Bend, Or.
We talked about that area many times this spring.
Great fishing, get a map and pick a blue line or lake and hit it.
Fall river is always a fun tour. Gin clear, lots of fish.
Upper little Deschutes, super fine in the heat of summer.
Find Creston on the map and travel east on forest roads.
So many good spots.

·
Still truckless now farther away
1,693 Posts
What Gary said. Great area, good luck!

·
Premium Member
7,341 Posts
Be sure to hit East Lake for your fishing in a volcano experience. Lots of lakes to choose from. Little Cultus has always been a favorite for the callibaetis hatch. Crane for big fish on damsels. A lake a day as long as you stay. Enjoy.

Ive

·
Registered
332 Posts
The Lower Deschutes at warm springs is about 1hr from bend, great trout fishing....The metolius is 45 minutes minutes away, good trout fishing, throw streamers for huge bull trout, amazingly clear and beautiful river. The crooked is the local solid and easy fishery, nothing huge but alot of fun.....I could write a book on the cascade lakes but if our in a toon the Little Lava Lake is one of my personal favorites, lava lake, hosmer is gorgous with good fishing....East Lake is a classic, etc, etc, etc,........give me a little more info on what kind of fly fishing, what species, etc and i can give you something more specific, its my back yard so just let me know what you want to do and i'll get you pointed in the right direction.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the info. I appreciate it. It sounds like we can't go wrong which ever direction we take. The girlfriend likes streams and I prefer lakes from a float tube, so we'll do both.

Fred

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.