Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was down in the Bend area this past week and happened upon one of the local lakes(Sparks). The water was down and the fish were stacked up in the channel. In the course of 2 hours I hooked 15 fish, all cutthroats and all between 18" and 20". Some were big hook nosed males. A black woollybugger seemed to be the food of choice. I went back a couple of days later and they were still there although the weekend crowd was starting to show up. People were every where, but the lake being so shallow between the launch and the channel, 16" or so, it did help to keep some of them out.

·
Still truckless now farther away
1,693 Posts
Thanks Fred!

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
I was there over the weekend as well. Originally had plans to hit the Enchantments, but the forecast was calling for SNOW. :(

Anyhow - fished the Fall river two evenings ago. There were a gaggle of fisherman out there. However, it seemed like most of them had just crawled out of a cave and found a fly fishing pole. They were whacking the water, stripping monster streamers, and generally standing on the highest stump they could find. Needless to see, I didn't witness any hookups.

I got a lot of strange looks creeping around like a peeping tom, but managed to get a nice 14'' fish on the first cast to an unsuspecting rising trout. Nothing beats that on a small gin clear river like the Fall.

Good times. I love love love Bend.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.