Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance. 

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
fishing Boulder creek and the Yellowstone this week

Stopped on my Sirius hair band station for some variety during the drive

This song and found the video one of my new favs

·
Anywhere ~ Anytime
1,613 Posts
It's similar to asking, "What's your favorite stomach parasite?" Hairbands are .
Ouch.. as a rocker of the early 80's through the 90's I'm offended! (not terribly)

Big fan of early Metallica (80's) Cliff Burton,, and yes, Dave Mustaine - We introduced them to legions in the outlying communities.. countless firesides, bars and house parties.. in retrospect should have been compensated by their promotion budget.

Very cool intro: Cliff Burton- amazing innovative bassist.. left our world far to early

·
Registered
7,326 Posts
I'm not a big fan of "hair" music or heavy metal even though I did collect Led Zeppelin (were they part of that venue?). For whatever reason, maybe it was Mr. Wilson's love of classical music when I was going to school in Sequim during the 50's and 60's, but I prefer something like this:
(the original hair band, er, orchestra). @ribka - sorry to sort of rip off your intent, gomenasai.

·
Registered
6,847 Posts
Ouch.. as a rocker of the early 80's through the 90's I'm offended! (not terribly)

Big fan of early Metallica (80's) Cliff Burton,, and yes, Dave Mustaine - We introduced them to legions in the outlying communities.. countless firesides, bars and house parties.. in retrospect should have been compensated by their promotion budget.

Very cool intro: Cliff Burton- amazing innovative bassist.. left our world far to early

I don't consider Metallica or megadeath hair bands. They were just metal, which is light-years cooler than hair bands like Poison.

·
Registered
11,255 Posts
Outerwear Black Jacket Leather jacket Cool
Europe, Winger, Posion, of course Journey a touch of the Babies, with some Scorpions ... best of bunch so far. Then there's Cinderella and Bon Jon glam Jovi ....... but best. It's gotta be..........these guys

·
Ignored Member
12,111 Posts
I'm not a big fan of "hair" music or heavy metal even though I did collect Led Zeppelin (were they part of that venue?). For whatever reason, maybe it was Mr. Wilson's love of classical music when I was going to school in Sequim during the 50's and 60's, but I prefer something like this:
(the original hair band, er, orchestra). @ribka - sorry to sort of rip off your intent, gomenasai.
Anyone who played in the Yardbirds is not a hairball band.

·
Anywhere ~ Anytime
1,613 Posts
I don't consider Metallica or megadeath hair bands. They were just metal, which is light-years cooler than hair bands like Poison.
JUST metal :eek:

But yeah, I agree, was thinking that one through after posting.. Even though the global outcry was deafening when Metallica started the 1996 tour season.. all with short hair. There was no real concrete distinction back in the day (at least in my circles) I never really even heard the term "hair bands" until well after the year 2000 and that was basically the kick-off of rockumentaries.

The real surprise is ribka's a fan of Lizzy Borden.. NEVER would have guessed that.. even though it's a pretty tame song for that crew ;) For about 18 months we had a satellite broadcast station out of Texas called "Z-ROCK" and they did rock! My first taste of a lot of material that would likely have never been encountered. Passed out one night listening to Accept, Balls to the walls, and woke up about 1 p.m. with -GAG- "The Prentenders" on! Life -as we knew it- had changed radically..

·
Registered
363 Posts

I was a huge "rocker" of the 80's. No hair bands though! Saw Metallica at the first Monsters of Rock in Spokane. I think I was 14. After, i saw them every time they made it to Washington up till about 1998. Good memories :) 90's I did move into the Seattle music scene with "alternative " bands. Loved my early 20's!

·
Just an Old Man
35,199 Posts
I was a huge "rocker" of the 80's. No hair bands though! Saw Metallica at the first Monsters of Rock in Spokane. I think I was 14. After, i saw them every time they made it to Washington up till about 1998. Good memories :) 90's I did move into the Seattle music scene with "alternative " bands. Loved my early 20's!
I don't even remember my 20's

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.