Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
(stinkle)
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

I just made a post under "Missoula Area" that Bryce should stop by Naps in Hamilton, MT when he gets off the river tonight. It made me wonder:

What is the best meal you've had after getting off the river?

Hands down, mine is the "NAPS DEAL" @ Naps. its a 1lb burger, fries and a coke for 6.99. (could be why I think the bitterroot is the best river in the world!)

Second and a little more local, has got to be the Bulldog Basket at Campus U-totum in EBRG.

Good eats,

Mike

·
Retired Mod
11,079 Posts
:mad:Nah. There's a mobile cook. Think his name is Jerry (something Polish). Makes a killer smoked ribeye and dutch oven sides and desserts. Ready for you fresh off the water. :rofl:

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Even though I have never had any of Jerrys meals I feel like I could eat the pictures he has posted. I fish lakes and I prefer to cook my own meals and from the size of my belly I'm a good cook, My best meal is a roasted garlic crushed black pepper porterhouse steak, with corn on the cob. And the secret desert that I and scott salzar came up with. is peaches over the little crumbly hostess donuts!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Bitteroot, I only do that when fishing, It all started when we were up at Aeneas about 5 years ago and this old guy and his wife were camped there and they gave us a jar of her home canned peaches. And the two just ended up together and it ROCKED!.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Hatchery summer run bonked that day, skinned and seared in clarified butter, with sea salt and fresh ground pepper. Baked potato, fresh crusty french bread, steamed asparagus with balsamic vinegar and olive oil. While drinking a good IPA or 5.

·
Team Umiak
412 Posts
Charles..sign me up for a couple of quarts..I can pick up next weekend. My soup attempts have been dismal..HTF can soup be that hard??? For me it is in every attempt i've made. That's my nemesis..soup.

·
Skunk Happens
1,015 Posts
Guys,

I just made a post under "Missoula Area" that Bryce should stop by Naps in Hamilton, MT when he gets off the river tonight. It made me wonder:

What is the best meal you've had after getting off the river?

Hands down, mine is the "NAPS DEAL" @ Naps. its a 1lb burger, fries and a coke for 6.99. (could be why I think the bitterroot is the best river in the world!)

Second and a little more local, has got to be the Bulldog Basket at Campus U-totum in EBRG.

Good eats,

Mike
Naps is the shit! Hauling a pontoon out by myself at Main St even got me hungry enough to eat the whole thing. I think I may miss my Naps fix this year though.bawling:

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Last year at Pesca Maya on Ascention Bay, after a great day hooking bonefish, my wife and I had conch ceviche and the conch was from right in front of the resort, the chef had snorkled for it that morning. The entree was mutton snapper-yum! Al fresco dining in December is great no matter what you are eating! Conch fritters at Andros Island Bonefish Club is also memorable! The other great meal that sticks in my mind is a t-bone at Rosie's on the Missouri River (and they had killer Bloody Caesars!) but last October, Rosie's was closed! Rick

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
One more really great meal. Our fly club (4th Corner Fly Fishers) at our outings always has a potluck on Saturday night. These are always memorable as people go all out for this. We have an exceptional fly tier, Ed, who always has a box of 100 flies or so that is given to some lucky person in a drawing. Our program chairman, Frank, is a trained gourmet chef, so he usually has something extra special. At the Big Twin outing this spring, he and some helpers made a seafood paella for about 30 hungry anglers. What a great meal and great time after a great day fishing Big Twin! Rick

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.