Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else gonna be out at the Big Horn show at the spokane fairgrounds this weekend??? Im gonna be there tomorrow and possible sunday as well. It started yesterday and parking is free and you pay once and your good for the whole weekend...

Tyler

Here fishy, fishy, fishy...

· Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Right on, well welcome to the forum!!! :thumb I was thinkin of maybe doin some fishing on sunday (maybe the colville river??? :dunno). But it mainly depends on how much of my philosophy paper i get done by then. Gotta love homework...

Tyler

Here fishy, fishy, fishy...

· Registered
271 Posts
Ty, I have been considering the Colville R. for a while but still haven't fished it, I just got an 8' pontoon boat that I would love to float it in, I checked the flows and it looks like this rain could have blown it out. I will probably still try and head out somewhere. Joe, yes I am a Spokane native, I just graduated from WSU in December, and I am living here in Spokane until I return to Alaska in late May, like yourself, always looking for fishing partners.

tight lines :)

G

·
IveofIone
I was there on Thursday and tied flies for a few hours. Seems like there are a lot of guide trips and lodges and fishing locations represented. The cost of these things go up every year and I wonder how that is starting to play out now. With travel cost up, hassles at the border if you are going into Canada and ever more people seeing their jobs go offshore it seems these destinations would see less traffic. I usually have time to talk to a number of the vendors but was pressed for time and didn't get a chance to visit much. Those I did visit I thought were overpriced but maybe I just expect more value for my dollar. $1000 for 3 days at a drive-to lodge seems like a waste to me when I can take my 5th wheel and go fish blue ribbon water in Montana or Idaho at the rate of about $300/$400 for 10 days even with $2 a gallon gas. What happens when you go to one of these places and it is wonderful the first day and the next two days it rains and blows like stink and you can't get on the water? They refund $600 and tell you to come back next year-right? Well......maybe not.
Anyway it was good to get out and talk to some fly fishermen and some guides I know, see some new stuff- buy a few gedunks. The official opening of spring as it were. Enjoy, Ive

· Stop Killing Wild Steelhead!
5,770 Posts
My Alaska boss used to get complaints about the weather sometimes.It cost about $6,000.00 for a week there. It would be raining and blowing and the fishing sucked a few days. He would shrug, point Heavenward, and say:
"Hey, I am not in charge of Management, just sales".

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.