Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to thank the folks at Reds for putting on a very enjoyable and informative program this last saturday. Lots of fly tying, casting, water and fishing presentations - I learned a lot, as did my buddies who came along.

The owners and staff of Reds Fly Shop on the Canyon section of the Yak, and the sponsers that attended, gave freely of their time, and every one of them that I had occasion to stop and talk with were more than gracious.

I know this program was pretty expensive - they provided not only the separate seminars and events, but also the food and BEER!

What a great day.

Thank you all

·
I hope she likes whitefish
1,724 Posts
Yes, I enjoyed myself very much. One thing I noticed, except for some guides, was the lack of young anglers there. Anybody else notice this?
...define young. :D

Me and Mrs were there and we're under 30. We're still young in our eyes.

But yes, I agree, there weren't a lot of younger people there. Didnt matter, we still had a good time.

·
Registered
3,996 Posts
I would say under 30 is young for a fly fishing crowd. So you were the exception. :)

I guess it makes sense in a way since most folks at that age probably don't have thousands of dollars lying around waiting to take a trip to the tropics to catch bones or to AK for salmon/trout, which was a big part of the show.

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
I would have been there, but was out of town. Thanks to Red's for putting on the event. It looked amazing and I'll definitely give them business just for the fact that they seem like a great bunch of guys who take the time to throw seminars while they have the time in the slower season.

·
Banned
946 Posts
We had a great time @ Red's CA day, The casting competition was a lot of fun to watch, Steve's Nymphing demo was top notch, The food was great and it was good to see some friends and meet a few of the Red's other customers.
The Canyon River Ranch is a very beautiful Lodge and we look forward to staying there in the soon to near future.

Bill Dodd.

:thumb:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.