Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
(stinkle)
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,

we have added another gentleman to the sport. Lastnight my little brother got his first set up. A nice inexpensive 9ft 5wt Echo fly rod and a Lamson konic Reel. I took him down to Troutwater here in Ellensburg and Johnny B. got him all set up. Johnny was great to him and very budget minded for the little guy (something you dont always see).

Took him out to Ringer with the little time we had left and let him throw around the fly. Little guy did awesome and I am super proud of him. He got a few fish to rise but nothing on the reel.

Big thanks to Johnny and the guys at Troutwater, a great new addition to the EBRG community.

Cheers,

Mike:beer2:

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have to agree with the OP. Troutwater fly shop in Ellensburg is a great shop. I live in Yakima but will drive up to Troutwater vs going to the other two fly shops in my area, which are closer to Yakima. GREAT SHOP & EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!

·
Still truckless now farther away
1,693 Posts
We were in Trout Waters shop in Cle Ellum Friday and Sunday and they were most helpfull to us with flies and locations to try. Also they were a good sponser for the Healing Waters Two Fly Tournament along with other shops locally and farther away.

·
(stinkle)
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We just moved back to burg (I grew up here) that was the first shop I went into when I got home and I wont go to another in town! Johnny, Jason and Ted are great and are always up for shooting the breeze.

If anyone is in the burg swing by and say hello and find out whats hitting, or just pull up a cushin and watch Drift.

·
Yakbowbw
650 Posts
Glad to see johny doing so good, he put my younger son on the oars more than ten years ago. Johny was working for another fly shop at the time. My little guy was on his first float trip and had his fill of fishing. Johnny new how tip keep him hooked on fishing, got him something fun to do. Thanks again Johnny, good luck with the fly shop.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Couldnt agree more! Johnny, and all the guys at Troutwaters have been more than superb when I've visited the shop(once a week or so). Being new to the sport of fly fishing, I've asked more than my fair share of questions. They have always been great with walking me through each and every detail, and doing so in a laymans term fassion for this rookie! :rofl: They have been, and will continue to be my go-to shop. Good on ya, Troutwaters!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.