Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
North Bend, WA
4,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Updated: Bob's stories are back in the regular forum area.
---------------

I'm working on cleaning up all the clutter at the top of the main forum area. Part of that effort necessitated moving Bob's area. Look to the forum lobby for his new link.

Think it would be better to just have Bob again post his stories in the main fly fishing forum area rather then have them seperated? Anyone?

Chris

·
Just an Old Man
35,207 Posts
The thrill is not in the kill---But to let them go.

I don't have any problem with that. I can find Bob's page where ever you want to put it. Just don't change it as we all like to give him feed back on his stories. :beer2

Jim :beer1

·
North Bend, WA
4,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What I'm wondering Jim is if you would like to see his stories back in the main forum area rather then in his own area. Either way is fine to me but I think those stories got a little more visiblity in the main forum area. ~Chris

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
I think, and I'm only guessing here, that Bob would like his stories put back in the general forum, rather than shunted off to some private room where it is dark and dreary, lonesome and cold, damp and forlorn, hateful and...you get the idea I hope.

One of his greatess motivations, indeed second only to his notion that one day he may become rich, is the feedback he gets from the membership. Often it is so funny and so cleaver that he wonders who is the real humorist here. Some of the one or two liners are a huge howl for him and he's sure for others as well.

But there are a few problems that maybe some genius of wire boxes can work out. If he e-mails his stories to Chris, he can use spell check which not only cleans up his spelling but gets rid of his typos; in addition to which, his "sent items" provides him with a more or less permanent record of his stuff. But his dungeon room provides a beautiful listing of all of his works, and once one laughs at one, one has a tendancy to read them all. The room then is a convenient place for reference and reading.

I suppose to ask for both would be greedy, gluttonous, hedonistic, self-serving, wasteful of time and resources, egotistical, etc. Shamefully, it is all of those. But it never hurts to ask. :+

Don't talk about cut and paste and a word processor. I was able to do this once but most of time it results in my losing the entire manuscript forever.:dunno

·
North Bend, WA
4,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nuff said. They will be moved back in the general forum. For those that would like to read all of Bob's stories, they can either find them listed in their static forum in the Articles section or perform a quick search of the forum for Boblawless.

This doesn't get you off the hook Bob. Besides the end of "The Salmon Killers", I am now formally requesting another installment on "Watch Out for the Guys in the Grass".

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
ya, whats up with our trip to finally get that bastard of a brown trout "wilbur" and slap him upside his noggan. Let me know so I can set aside some time for our road trip.:smokin YT

·
Registered
148 Posts
I tend to read them less when they are put away in another section. I think putting them in boths spots is a great idea.

Thanks to Chris and Boblawless!

The Stories are great. :thumb

TDub

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.