Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
2,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not that everyone cares, but here are my plans for the next upcoming few months.

1. The problem with bears eating fly fisherman has got to be resolved before another life is lost. I can't put this on the back burner. A treaty must be written and soon. Get your ideas in there. What do you want from the bears? What is unacceptable? How do we get what we want? Very confused here :DUNNO

2. I've got to get back to work on the SALMON KILLERS. I am close to making some sense of it all and I need to bring the story to this point. But t'ain't easy.

3. The Spring assualt on Willbur and tackling the state of Wyoming will be upon us in no time. I've got armies to muster, men to lead, wars to fight, battles to win... So I've got to get on my A and get busy. No time to loose here. :TSKTSK

4. I must deal with Smolt's desire to have puppies and his impotence.
Please don't discuss this last revelation outside the family here. Smolt is very sensitive about this and I have assured him that the forum would be most sympathetic to his needs. Keep this in whispers.

Oleander is having nasal problems after that lady in "How to Get Rid of Too Many Flies" put a hook through his nose. So my pets are on my back as well. I need rest. Somewhere rainy, somewhere back under the firs, near a small brook, and just catch a few Zzzzzzzzzzs. Yes, this is what I need. Be patient, my dearest and only friends :THUMBSUP
BOBLAWLESS

· Registered
2,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Poor Bob...

Legs bad but they are getting better, got some new stuff at the hospital (read over a $$$ grand here every visit. A visit every two weeks) But I think this stuff is going to give me my life back. Can't come to the Ford because I'm up to my ass in grizzlies just about now. Got one as a guide and we are going to hit the Atnarko in the morning. He has no tackle, just teeth, and I should be able to give him a good drubbing. But I wish you well, you and the short bus,
let us know about your wiley ways of winter. :THUMBSUP
BOBLAWLESS

· Idaho Resident Craftsman/Artisan
1,098 Posts
Poor Bob...

Bob,

You do realize that one of these days your "dearest and only friends" will kidnap you and your motley crew and take you off and make you fish somewhere rugged. Even if you have to be put in a wheelchair and carted down to the Handicaped dock at the Ford. I think that between a few cups of your wife's James Beam and some of Old Man's Percocet you should be feeling "Strong Like BULL" in no time.

MacRowdy :DUNNO

· Registered
2,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Poor Bob...

Thanks, Doc. I already apply the Mr. J. Beam and Oxicotin (stronger than Percocet I think).
They help but they ain't about to get me in anywhere tough, wheelchair or not. No, I'll make it again as soon as I can get better and that seems to be happening. I would love to fish with you guys but I want nothing "revealed" so to speak. Your are a fine fellow, Mac, and I hope the best for you. May your reel wear itself out from too many BIG fish and your guides get gradually ripped off, your fingers permantenly bruised, and your Christmas be merry! :THUMBSUP
BOBLAWLESS

· Registered
156 Posts
Mr. Lawless,

maybe the Grizzlies could grant you more time. The grizzlys are our ancestors, and time is all they know--to sleep in a dream and live there--beyond the here and now. The Native Americans beleived that when you see a bear your life is going to change. And if they could fly-fish then maybe they could become a part-- to your dream.

just a thought,

Mcronariver

· Registered
2,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yea, but it's hard to teach someone to fly fish when they want kill you. Maybe I can do something about this if we get a treaty signed. You could be right on the distant ancestors bit. I have been told that when they have been skinned their torso looks almost exactly like that of a large human. Frightening isn't it? How did these folks turn so bad? :DUNNO
BOBLAWLESS

· Registered
3,827 Posts
You better think about this Bob

MacRowdy's comments about, "kidnap you", "carted down to the handicapped dock" reminded me of a resident I used to take care of. Some of you may know my career choice and surely Bob does as I've offered my services several times.

I'm a nurse in long term care and have been reading between the lines relating to Bob's health problems. Without insinuating too much, I can assure you that if he is taking oxycontin, then he is one hurting SOB (or was). Usually that is one of the last meds given before we bring in morphine for pain management. Also he indicates needing an expensive treatment every few weeks. For instance, my dad took rimecain (sp) injections at several thousand a pop. Whatever the case may be, it sounds a lot more serious than a boil.

Bob, are you still with me here? About my resident. A 78-year-old male with multiple sclerosis, nearing the end stage. About all he had left for motor skills were just barely being able to lift an eating utensil to his mouth and run the toggle control on his electric wheelchair. Well, he wanted to go fishing. To make a long story short, he accepted our help and we took him down to the pier and he fished. Didn't catch anything, but he fished.

I also mentioned my dad. He needed the rimecain (sp) to help with his arthritis. Without it he can't even get out of bed and dress himself. Because of the corticosteroid use, he broke his foot and it would not heal. He has worn a mobile cast for over a year now. But last August, he took me fishing on the Deschutes River for summer run. Every morning he would peel off his cast and put on his waders. We fished and caught Steelhead, side by side on the river. One of those life-changing events between a father and son. All because he said, "Screw it, I'm going fishing". I was reading in one of John Shewey's books, "When we wake up in the morning and decide we are not going fishing today, then that's another day we don't fish".

I am concerned about your isolationist behavior. Having a bad attitude (such as not wanting to go fishing with your dearest and only friends) can indicate that something else is wrong. It has been my experience, over the last 11 years, that having a bad attitude is the result of constipation (a side effect of oxycontin). If you were a resident, I would have to use facility protocol and follow the number one rule of nursing, "Whatever goes in, has to come out". I would have to don latex gloves, lube up a finger and administer a suppository. And believe me; never argue with a 230-pound male nurse with a whole box full of lubricant and suppositories.

It's funny how quickly one's attitude can change. I don't know if it's relief from that bloated feeling or fear of my finger and me. Either way, you are going fishing.

Matt

"Little dick, big click, some say." BOBLAWLESS

· Registered
156 Posts
Mr.Lawless,

I have seen a black bear skinned out hanging in camp in eastern washington, yes it does have human attributes. I think if Iwere to fish in AK I would be packing a 44mag. so much for peace love and understanding. I heard of a woman who did get mauled to death up in B.C. by a black bear. And my friend told me a story about a man who was running from a grizz and tripped on a branch, fell knocked his head and woke up under a pile of leaves. I guess bears bury their food to come back to later or to hide it from other predators.

I think you are right--a treaty is a good idea, but only with fly fisherman, they can protect us and we can protect the fishery to sustain their salmon runs from poachers, commercial overharvest, logging and other forms of non-point pollution.

after all they are at the top of the food chain, I think we are next in line though?

beer-30 to ya,

Mcronariver

· Registered
2,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm becoming increasingly terrified about writing on this post. All I want to do is get a few chuckles and waste a few hours pounding on these keys, amusing myself if no one else. Then I am threatened with kidnap, forced into a bus and released somewhere in the wild where it is freezing ass cold, dark and dreary and no place for whimps or people with health problems.
Then I get accused of being constantly constipated and that I will be violated by this giant of a man (fingers probably equally large) who is going to ram suppositories up my caddis. On top of all this, I am reported to have a bad attitude when in fact I am of sunny disposition, positive behavior and rather upbeat most of the time. Good thing I'm up here in B.C. with the bears because all they want to do is eat me with little or no suffering on my part. But going to Rocky Ford in Jan.? A fate worse than dealth!! :BIGSMILE
BOBLAWLESS
"It's not death I fear; it's the dying." John Milton

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.